CF Racing was formed in 2014 and since this time we have established ourselves as one of Australia’s leading triathlon coaching squads. We are now a team of over 70 and growing rapidly, with Clayton being assisted by 7 coaches and a dedicated support team including a exercise physiologist, specialist swim coach and physiotherapist . We are a performance driven squad built around community, hard work and consistency.
Where we are based
CF Coaches are based in Lennox Head, Noosa, Brisbane, Sydney, Rockhampton, Newcastle and Traralgon (in Victoria somewhere).
As the CF crew has grown we have spread our wings much further afield with members based from Perth to Cairns, from Dubai to London, from Switzerland to California.
How do we make this work? A little imagination and the use of technology.
- Training Peaks for training programs
- Group chats – with all the different time zones, there’s always a discussion ongoing about who is training in the coldest / hottest / wettest / driest conditions. But most importantly, there is a lot of support.
- Squad rides on Zwift
- Squad challenges – V-Everesting, 1000km bike weeks
- Location based training rides/runs and if you are traveling you will always have someone to train with!
Even the occasional Zoom catchup.
Predominantly, the CF Racing team competes in Ironman and 70.3 distance events, however we have attendance at most local events around Australia and New Zealand. In 2019 we had 7 athletes racing at Kona and 5 at the 70.3 World Championships with another 15 qualifying. Recent results include:
- 2020 Ironman Cairns – 3 age group wins, 3 podiums and 8 Kona Qualifications.
- 2020 Cairns 70.3 2 age group wins, and 2 WC qualifiers
- 2020 Sunny Coast 70.3 – 3 x podiums
- 2020 IM New Zealand – An age group win and Kona Qual
- 2020 Geelong 70.3 – 2 x podiums
- 2019 Ironman WA/70.3 – 2 x AG podiums, 2 x World 70.3 and 1 x Kona qualifiers, and a 5th overall in the pro ranks by our chief Clayton Fettell.
- 2019 IM Malaysia 70.3 – age group win plus a podium.
- 2019 IM Cebu 70.3 – age group win.
What makes us different?
CF racing triathletes come from all parts of the globe and from all walks of life. We are known for punching above our weight in Podiums, Kona and 70.3 WC qualifiers, but we also have many members that are striving for a PB or to complete their first Ironman. What sets us apart:
We are performance based. It doesn’t matter if it is a Kona podium or completion of your first Ironman, our squad is committed to putting in the work to “Be Better”
We are humble – we work hard for our results and we celebrate our successes but we appreciate how lucky we are to be able to do this amazing sport.
The friendships – on joining you will be immediately be part of a group where you will make life long friendships.
Covid has not dampened the crew’s appetite for a challenge or focus on the goals ahead. The restrictions on training has brought the team closer together as we support each other with the establishment of group rides on Zwift, completion of team challenges eg. 12 of the crew completing a v-everest challenge, and 4 completing a 1000km bike week challenge, with others doing between 500 and 700kms, and just being there for a chat when needed.